I have an intense relationship with music. There is not one pivotal moment in my life that is not accompanied by a soundtrack. Music is the pulse of my life and I have a lot of it. I really like mixing and matching and blending and using music playlists to enhance experiences. Music for my yoga classes are no exception. I teach 3 classes a week and don’t repeat music too often.
I was asked by a sister yogini several questions about my playlists and one of the questions was, “Do you post your playlists so your students or others can use them?” I have done this a few times, but nothing really official. It got me thinking that I really should! To that end, here is the playlist for the 60 minute heated yoga class I’m teaching tonight. Please note that I normally don’t include more than one song per artist on a playlist, but in this one, Jason Mraz just works.
1) Hymn of the Big Wheel – Massive Attack
2) In the Light of My Soul – GuruGanesha Singh
3) I’ve Been Thinking – Cat Power
4) One – Mary J Blige & U2
5) The Remedy – Jason Mraz
6) Be Yourself – Morcheeba
7) Shanti /Asthangi – Madonna
8) Mr. Intentional – Lauryn Hill
9) Lucky One – Allison Kraus
10) Live High – Jason Mraz
11) Hey World (Don’t Give Up Version) – Michael Franti & Spearhead
12) Lexicon – Kruder & Dorfmeister
13) Zen Garden Part 1 (Savasana Edit) – David & Steve Gordon
Total time 1:03.12